Applying the Quality Matters® Rubric Certification
Next session: April 24, 2020 - APPLY HERE
Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process that is designed to certify the quality of online courses and online components. QM has received national recognition for its peer-based approach to quality assurance and continuous improvement in online education. You can learn more about QM by visiting this link.
The Instructional Design Center (IDC) uses QM to ensure that all online courses offered through eCampus Learning have met strict, nationally recognized guidelines that dictate good online course design. Each newly created online course is peer reviewed following the QM guidelines. This is a collaborative process as each review is intended to be diagnostic and collegial, not evaluative and judgmental. In general, QM aims to provide faculty with a mechanism for continuous improvement in instructional design.
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) is the first step for faculty to become familiar with the QM process.In this workshop, we will explore Quality Matters and its underlying processes. Once you complete the workshop, you will be better prepared to be a part of the program that can positively impact the design of your online courses.
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Relate the QM Rubric (Standards and Annotations) to your own course and consider changes that will benefit your online learners.
- Better understand the Quality Matters process and underlying principles
- Describe the eight standards of the QM Rubric
- Understand the peer review process and how courses are QM reviewed at EKU
- Explain the QM scoring system
- Write useful recommendations for course improvement
- Make decisions on whether or not a set of given scenarios meet the QM Rubric standards
After completing this workshop, you will receive a Quality Matters certificate of completion. This certificate is tied to QM and is recognized at over 900 subscriber institutions.
APPQMR is a face-to-face workshop, it is 7.5 hours long, and there are no prerequisite requirements. The IDC provides all materials, and it is free of charge to all EKU faculty and staff.
Please complete this QM application form. Once we receive your inquiry, we will email you directions and workshop details.