Instructional Design Center
Online Teaching and Learning Workshops
Our Online Teaching and Learning (OTL) workshops explore strategies, assessment, pedagogy, and technologies for online education. View the schedule, or link to recordings of prior sessions.
Instructional Design Services
The Office of eCampus Learning's Instructional Design Center (IDC) provides EKU eCampus faculty with instructional support during course creation and teaching of undergraduate and graduate online courses. Our mission is to help faculty members create relevant, engaging, and interactive learning experiences for students. This fosters academic achievement and the development of critical thinking skills, resulting in lifelong learning. We accomplish this by sharing instructional strategies and innovative resources grounded in learning theory and guided by the solid principles of instructional design practices.
We offer such services as
- collaboration with faculty members on an individual basis regarding design and development of their courses
- consultation with departments regarding online program design and development
- instructional multimedia production services
- workshops and professional development sessions to aid faculty in course creation and best pedagogical practices
- evaluation of eCampus courses to ensure that stringent Quality Matters standards are met