Instructional Design Center
Instructional Design Center maintains an exhaustive list of resources necessary for successful online instruction. Please browse and use resources below in case of an emergency switch from face-to-face to online instruction.
- PD1 - Introduction to Blackboard: This is a self-paced online PD course for anyone who wishes to learn the tools and functionality of EKU's Blackboard learning management system. Apply in under a minute here.
- Interactive Blackboard tutorials. Everything you need to jump-start your transition to online instruction.
- IDC library of Online Teaching and Learning practices. Questions such as "how to be a better online teacher?", "how to facilitate discussion online?, and "how I migrate from the face-to-face classroom to online?" are answered here.
- For more resources, please chech the Teaching and Learning Remotely resource at EKU
- If you are teaching online, you should...
2020-2021 IDC Annual Report
2019-2020 IDC Annual Report
Online Teaching and Learning Workshops
Our Online Teaching and Learning (OTL) workshops explore strategies, assessment, pedagogy, and technologies for online education. View the schedule, or link to recordings of prior sessions.
Mindedge has realeased A Practical Guide to Online Teaching and Learning (three courses) - a free resource for educators in K-12 and Higher Ed to aid in the transition to teaching online. To learn more about this free resource, click here.
2020 Blackboard Catalyst Award Winners
EKU Wins Four Blackboard Awards for Excellence in Online Learning
Eastern Kentucky University’s online degree programs have once again been recognized for distinction by Blackboard, Inc. The education technology company reviewed courses and programs from around the world to identify the very best in teaching, professional development and course design. EKU received three 2020 Blackboard Catalyst Awards and a 2020 Blackboard Exemplary Course Award. The University has received a total of eight awards from Blackboard since 2014.
"We are extremely proud of all our faculty and staff who were recognized by Blackboard. They create outstanding courses and provide exceptional levels of student support," said Tim Matthews, executive director, Office of e-Campus Learning. Click to read more.