Professional Development @ IDC
The Office of eCampus Learning's Instructional Design Center (IDC) offers a variety of professional development (PD) services for faculty. We strive to promote the best online course design and pedagogically sound principles in an effort to improve instructor and student experience in our distance education courses.
Some of the professional development opportunities we offer include:
- PD1 - Essentials of Online Courses – This is a self-paced, just-in-time online professional development course for anyone who wishes to learn the tools and functionality of EKU’s Blackboard learning management system.
- PD2 - Online Course Development and Teaching Certificate Program - This is a rigorous 8-week hybrid course that will require high levels of engagement and participation, with the goal of facilitating the use of best practices by faculty in online course development and teaching.
- PD3 - Advanced Multimedia Development – This is a four week PD course during which faculty will closely work with an IDC Instructional Designer to develop a multimedia project for their online course.
- Online Teaching and Learning Workshops (OTL) - These workshops are created with the intent to explore strategies, assessments, pedagogy, and tools and technology in online education.
- Quality Matters® Certification – Starting in the second half of the Spring 2017 semester, the IDC will offer Applying the Quality Matters Rubric certification for EKU faculty.
- DEEP – Discussion Boards. As part of the University-wide “Developing Excellence in Eastern’s Professors” initiative (also known as DEEP), we offer a self-paced, online course that teaches the critical use of discussion boards.