Certificate Program in Online Course Development and Teaching
Session dates: February 12 - April 13, 2018
The Office of e-Campus Learning is offering a Certificate Program in Online Course Development and Teaching. Having studied a number of quality professional development and training programs and researched best practices, The Instructional Design Center (IDC) has developed a professional development certificate program designed to encourage and support best practices in online teaching.
This is a rigorous 8-week hybrid program that will require high levels of engagement and participation, with the goal of facilitating the use of best practices by faculty in online course development and teaching. The program will be in a hybrid format with three required face-to-face meetings, along with online coursework each week.
Topics covered in the course will include:
- Methods of enhancing teacher presence and student engagement
- Writing measurable course and module objectives
- Designing effective assessment strategies
- Designing and engaging in pedagogically sound blogs, wikis, journals, and discussion boards
- Developing short faculty videos that students actually want to watch
- How to give students what they want – affirmation and meaningful feedback in a timely manner
- Understanding the instructor’s role in retention strategies / processes you can use to get students across the finish line
- Discussion of copyright and academic integrity, The Quality Matters® Rubric, Universal Design, Mobile Learning and other topics.
Published on August 22, 2014