Instructional Design Center
Instructional Design Services
The Office of eCampus Learning's Instructional Design Center (IDC) provides EKU eCampus faculty members with instructional support throughout the entire course creation and teaching experience for undergraduate and graduate online courses. Our mission is working with faculty members to create relevant, engaging, and interactive learning experiences for students that foster academic achievement and the development of critical thinking skills, resulting in lifelong learning. This is done by sharing instructional strategies and innovative resources that are grounded in learning theory and guided by the solid principles of instructional design practices.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Collaborating with faculty members on an individual basis regarding the design and development of their courses;
- Consulting with departments regarding online program design and development;
- Providing instructional multimedia production services (see Instructional Media Services);
- Developing and conducting workshops and professional development sessions to aid faculty in course creation and best pedagogical practices;
- Evaluating eCampus courses to ensure stringent Quality Matters standards are met.